Thursday, August 03, 2006

What Time Is It?

What time is it? My body says it’s now just before mid-night CDT Thursday August 3rd, but my watch says it’s 10:30 a.m. August 4th. Jet lag now begins. It will take me a couple of days for the body to catch up with the watch. Lots of afternoon naps and long nights wishing I could go to sleep when it’s dark. I have never mastered jet lag. I’ve tried to stay awake until night, but I still wake up at 2 a.m. I now sleep when I need to and hope that in a few days I won’t go brain dead at 3 p.m. in the afternoon. By Monday maybe the watch and the body will be in the same time zone.

The trip was uneventful, except that our bags didn’t make it to the airport with us. I’ve had my luggage lost four times in all my journeys and three of them were with Air France. Charles De Gaulle airport is my least favorite airport and it’s amazing to me how they can’t EVER get my bags to join me on a connecting flight. I always remember the joke my brother tells about the guy who went up to the ticket counter and told the lady, “I’d like to go to Chicago but I want my bags to go to Detroit.”

“We can’t do that sir,” the little girl behind the counter replied?

“You did last week,” the smart aleck but experienced traveler replied.

We are in the monsoon season here so humidity is high but the temperature is not too bad (low 90’s). While it is a bit uncomfortable our block apartment doesn’t radiate the heat as it did in May when the temps was over 110 degrees every day.

It’s great to be back in this culture again. While being in the states was a refreshing break, we are anxious to see how God will direct our paths in the months ahead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dad,
Back on the blog circuit again. Great picture from the last post. What a time.
Glad to hear you guys are not too hot. We are. Bllleeech.
Love you
Sara